I have a lot of books I’ve read and will never read again, or I thought I was going to read but still haven’t got around to. Would you like one of them? Here’s the deal. If you want one of the books below, let me know in the comments (first in best etc), and I’ll post it to you, no charge. The catch: some time in the next six months you have to buy and read one book published by a small Australian press. When you’ve done it, let me know (if I haven’t heard from you by June 2015, I’m coming around to your postal address for a chat).
The pictures are from websites: I’m too lazy to photograph the covers myself, and they may look different when they show up at your house. Condition is anywhere from well-read to really rather well-read.
1. Lexicon, by Max Barry. Blurb etc is here. SOLD
2. Tipping the velvet, by Sarah Waters. Blurb is here. SOLD
3. Taipei, by Tao Lin (this one is signed and dedicated to me; handy if you need a Christmas present for someone called ‘Jane’). Blurb is here. SOLD
4. My biggest lie, by Luke Brown. Blurb is here.
5. Every day is for the thief, by Teju Cole. Blurb is here. SOLD
6. The Brooklyn Folllies, by Paul Auster. Blurb is here. SOLD
7. The stories of John Cheever. Blurb is here. SOLD
8. England and other stories, by Graham Swift. Blurb is here.
9. The winter vault, by Anne Michaels. Blurb is here. SOLD
10. A woman of the future, by David Ireland. Blurb is here.
OK, go for it. Whatever’s still left by mid-December is going to the op shop. Oh and if you’re wondering what constitutes a small press, there’s a list here, though I’ll also accept purchases from 12th Planet Press, Ticonderoga, Satalyte and all those other little spec fic presses who aren’t SPN members.